Personal Assistant / Office Assistant
We are one of the UK’s top 25 fastest growing start-ups. We’re an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Google, Facebook, Nike, Waze, Just Eat, ASOS, Pret A Manger and adidas. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 90 brilliant people.
Our core services are:
- Digital and social media strategy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
- Marketing technology consultancy
The Personal Assistant takes ownership of key tasks supporting the management team. This person will have a varied role, supporting us as an executive assistant, talent coordinator, receptionist, admin assistant and countless other roles that will pop up from time to time.
We’re looking for the kind of person that can take charge and make things happen, someone who is impeccably organised and a real people person. It’s crucial that you be up for the many challenges that will come your way and approach each challenge with confidence and a positive attitude.
The role of Personal Assistant is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Diary management, including scheduling meetings and travel
- Meet and greet guests, including screening approaches to the management team
- Manage the recruitment process by advertising roles, corresponding with candidates and scheduling interviews
- Schedule team-wide meetings and off-sites
- Organise travel for overseas meetings
- Track contacts and relationships by managing a database of contacts
- Deal with highly confidential material in an appropriate manner
- General admin support and special projects
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Work experience in a relevant team support or office management role
- Great people skills
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Fantastic inbox and diary management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent time management skills
- An inquisitive and numeric mindset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Docs, Dropbox and LinkedIn
- Comfortable with new online tools and databases
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- A love for learning new things
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience working at a digital/creative agency
- HR or recruitment industry experience/training
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than paper shuffling, making coffee and scheduling meetings.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.