Marketing Science Exec
We are one of the UK’s top 25 fastest growing start-ups. We’re an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Google, Facebook, Nike, Waze, Just Eat, ASOS, Pret A Manger and adidas. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 90 brilliant people.
Our core services are:
- Digital and social media strategy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
- Marketing technology consultancy
The Marketing Science discipline at Byte is focused in four areas:
- Analytics, measurement and reporting
- Data science, testing and optimisation
- Evidence-based planning and strategy
- AI and automation
Marketing Science Execs are responsible for supporting projects in these areas, contributing to the delivery of marketing science and strategy projects with research and analysis, ensuring best practice is adhered to and our offering is always advancing. This person will ensure they remain collaborative and all paid media, technology, data and creative aspects are closely integrated by working closely with planners across the business. They will also support with the implementation and delivery of media planning and buying on occasion to ensure our methods and offering are closely aligned with our day-to-day deliverables for clients.
The role of Marketing Science Exec is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Contribute to delivery of key strategy and marketing science projects with research and analysis
- Research opportunities for advancement and automation across all 4 areas of the business
- Support planners to develop and test new strategies and new technologies
- Analyse client, Byte, competitor and industry data to understand trends and performance
- Support with the day-to-day implementation and delivery of media planning and buying
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 1+ years relevant experience/education within marketing, media, data, maths, sciences or tech
- Basic understanding of digital media marketing and/or social media marketing
- Basic understanding of scientific research methods and statistics
- Familiarity with principles of advertising/marketing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate complex subjects simply
- Intermediate Excel user and great with Word and PowerPoint
- Focused under pressure and can get stuff done on a tight deadline
- Loves learning and teaching new things
- Great interpersonal and listening skills
- Very organised, with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and find solutions without help
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with social media data sources, including paid media and organic data
- Basic understanding of Facebook/Instagram Ads, Snapchat Ads, Google Ads, Twitter Ads and Pinterest Ads
- Experience with project management
- Experience working in and loving a start-up environment
- Experience using data visualisation tools
- Experience working with developers/coding
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Has high standards
- Open to criticism and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Persuasive and inspiring
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than paper shuffling, making coffee and proofreading.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.