Junior Creative Planner / Music Writer (Spotify UK)
We are one of the UK’s top 25 fastest growing start-ups. We’re an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Google, Facebook, Nike, Waze, Just Eat, ASOS, Pret A Manger and adidas. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 90 brilliant people.
Our core services are:
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
We are looking for a talented, music-loving Junior Creative Planner to join our team in London. You will be responsible for tapping into UK music and culture to develop creative and engaging ideas that inspire customers to listen to music on Spotify. You will be an excellent writer and able to tell stories in ways that connect with people, whether through a Tweet, a video script or a perfectly chosen emoji. As part of a wider team of Creative Planners, Media Planners and Account Planners you’ll help to run the Spotify UK social channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook).
The role involves working closely with the marketing department, editorial team and Artist & Label Marketing teams within Spotify to create brilliant ideas and content to share with audiences. Spotify has amazing access to the world’s biggest and best artists, and the Creative Planner role is to share this access with Spotify’s listeners.
It’s a creative role but also requires quick thinking, being reactive to trends and being incredibly organised. The ability to be able to communicate with clients effectively and some basic administrative skills would also be ideal.
- Creating of a monthly content framework for all social channels
- Small level of community management
- Daily monitoring of social channels
- Liaising with label relations and editorial teams at Spotify to create the social content calendar
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Providing input with paid social planning
- Monitoring UK music trends and informing the wider team
- Dreaming up new ways to inspire audiences with creative ideas
- Being the guardian of the Spotify brand in social media
- Live content capture events
- Completing work to a deadline and often under pressure
- Contributing to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintaining effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
Skills and Previous Experience Required
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- A passion for music & finger on the pulse of the UK music scene
- A brilliant creative writer
- Some work experience at a digital/creative agency or in a relevant role
- A good understanding of digital and social media marketing with some grasp of its potential and
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrable interest in digital marketing
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Internet research and problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a social media role within the music industry
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Has high standards
- Open to criticism and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Persuasive and inspiring
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than paper shuffling, making coffee and proofreading.
You’ll be working within a highly talented and motivated team, with founders at the helm who are well- known in their industry and are experienced innovators that understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.