Group Account Head
We are one of the UK’s top 25 fastest growing start-ups. We’re an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems.
We bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Google, Facebook, Nike, Waze, Just Eat, ASOS, Pret A Manger and adidas.
Our core services are:
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
For more information, visit www.bytemissioncontrol.com.
Group Account Heads at Byte lead on all the work we deliver for a suite of clients and they sit in our structure alongside the other ‘Heads of…’ (e.g. Media, Creative).
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. This person will oversee development of the strategy for the brands they lead, including managing a team. They will represent Byte to our clients, adding value to relationships beyond organisational skills doing a mixture of account management and strategic planning, not your typical suit.
We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight and ultimately deliver a tangible ROI for our clients. Most importantly, we need a leader who inspires their team and earns the respect of senior clients.
Candidates must have experience managing teams and complex campaigns for brands and be calm and controlled in high pressure situations. Equally, experience with delivering commercial success in an agency model is important.
The role of a Group Account Head is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Work in partnership with senior clients to develop annual strategies
- Oversee teams to develop brilliant digital content (creative, production)
- Lead, line-manage, motivate and inspire your team
- Lead contract negotiations and oversee the implementation of commercial agreements
- Deliver and track profitable growth for your clients
- Oversee deliverables from across the business (content, technology, media, data)
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverables
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Oversee budget management for clients, including campaigns and always on activity
- Manage relationships with platforms and partners
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
Skills and Previous Experience Required
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people. To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 7+ years experience in roles servicing clients in an agency environment
- Experience managing large client and agency teams
- Experience managing complex campaigns (experience in paid social preferred)
- Experience with campaign content production and budget management
- Experience working on a global brand
- Confident with both brand and conversion/direct-response campaigns
- Experience leading, motivating and coaching teams of 10+ people
- Inspiring and able to create a proactive and energised team culture
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
- Strong client relationship management skills, including experience working directly with director and C-level clients on strategy development
- Excellent project management skills, able to find the most efficient ways of working
- Brilliant written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong creative skills
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Proficient in working with data
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Has high standards
- Open to criticism and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Persuasive and inspiring
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than paper shuffling and Powerpoint massaging.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.