Graduate/Junior Media Planner
We are one of the UK’s top 25 fastest growing start-ups. We’re an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems.
We bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Google, Facebook, Nike, Waze, Just Eat, ASOS, Pret A Manger and adidas.
Our core services are:
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. We need someone to deliver smart paid media across several of our clients. This person will develop paid media strategies and deliver those strategies day to day. They will use data and insight in all aspects of the role, ensuring we deliver the most effective campaigns – we want someone who gets data and media.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of a Graduate Media Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Plan, set up and manage paid social media campaigns across a range of platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat & Pinterest
- Optimise existing paid social campaigns, analyse data and report back on performance
- Support planners in delivery of internal and client work with paid planning
- Deliver media plans to the highest possible standard
- Ensure delivery of work is to the highest possible standard
- Ensure constant innovation across all deliverable
- Manage budgets for paid media deliverables
- Research and assess technology solutions and processes to improve our capabilities
- Contribute insights and strategic thinking to all areas of the business (content / creative, technology, media, data)
- Liaise with suppliers when relevant
- Support analysts in delivery of internal and client work with paid insight
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
Skills & Previous Experience Required
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable interpreting large data sets
- Passion for social media industry and platform trends
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in the use of Excel
- Familiarity with Word and PowerPoint
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- An inquisitive mindset and a love for learning new things
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to follow strict guidelines while working independently
- Advanced internet research and problem solving skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in and loving a start-up environment
- Familiarity with Facebook/Instagram Ads platform and Twitter Ads platform
- Familiarity with data visualisation techniques
- Experience with coding/SQL
- Degree in a relevant subject (mathematics and sciences, humanities, advertising, media, communications
To complement the team dynamic:
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
- Honest and trustworthy
- Learns quickly
- Persistent and hard-working
- Has high standards
- Open to criticism and ideas
- Clear communicator
- Persuasive and inspiring
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you and your team to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.