We are one of the UK’s top 25 fastest growing start-ups. We’re an independent marketing technology agency based in London and New York, on a mission to combine technology and creativity to solve brands’ problems. We bring together data, technology, content, and paid-media to drive revenue for brands. Our clients include Spotify, Google, Facebook, Nike, Waze, Just Eat, ASOS, Pret A Manger and adidas. Since being founded in 2014, Byte has grown to more than 90 brilliant people.
Our core services are:
- Digital and social media strategy
- Marketing technology consultancy
- Digital channel optimisation
- Creative ideas development
- Digital content production
- Biddable social media planning and buying
- Data analytics and insight
- Social CRM design and implementation
- Building marketing technology products
- Influencer relationship management
Creative Planners at Byte come up with ideas that capture audiences’ attentions, ideas that inspire behaviour change and that people want to share – not gimmicks, but communication ideas that make a real difference to our clients’ businesses.
We don’t believe in siloed teams – content, technology, media and data overlap in all roles at Byte. Our Creative Planners work with all areas of the business and are responsible for framing ideas within a well thought through strategy. We want a mixture of a creative and a planner whose creative ideas are grounded in strategy.
Marketing and technology is converging at a rapid rate. Technology can now deliver the marketing promise of personalised communications at scale. However, technology is useless without ideas that capture consumers’ imaginations. We need someone who understands our client’s customers, who can put themselves in their shoes to create strategies and ideas that exceed expectations, who understands that brands are competing for consumers’ attention and have at best a couple of seconds to inspire some sort of interaction. We need people who can come up with big ideas as well as lots of little ones that are framed in a solid strategy grounded in insight.
The role of Creative Planner is exciting, varied and constantly evolving. In this role, you will:
- Take and respond to client (internal and external) briefs
- Come up with and present ideas that stand out from the crowd and will deliver against objectives
- Oversee the development of the ideas from initial presentation through to creative production
- Be involved in copywriting and/or art direction
- Write presentations that get clients excited
- Work with the senior team to put together strategic proposals and recommendations for clients
- Research customer behaviour and trends
- Work alongside analysts and get stuck in with social, mobile, digital and customer data to uncover insights that will make a difference
- Write inspiring bullet proof strategies to support creative ideas
- Keep up to date with the latest digital trends
- Work alongside the senior team to develop pitch-winning presentations
- Present work internally and externally
- Complete work to deadline and often under pressure
- Contribute to our creative process by sharing your ideas and experience
- Maintain effective, professional relationships with team members and colleagues
- Participate in team training/meetings and events when asked
- Regularly contribute content to the company’s digital presences
SKILLS AND PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Our offering is advanced for the industry, and we rely on great people.
To be considered for this role, you will need the skills or experience outlined below.
- 1-3 years relevant experience at a digital/creative agency
- Have created or have been involved with digital marketing campaigns that have increased sales
- Copywriting and art direction experience
- Experience with social media marketing, understanding its potential and its limitations
- Excellent creative skills
- Above average written and verbal English communication skills
- Advanced Internet research and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in the use of Office
- Ability to react quickly within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain focused under pressure and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work within a team as well as with clients
- A love for learning new things
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Sense of humour
- Easily bored
- No ego
- Extremely motivated
- Positive mental attitude
- Adaptable and thrives with variety and change
- Reliable and dependable
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Proactive and assertive
- Inquisitive mindset
While we don’t have a subsidised canteen and unrivalled pension contribution to offer you, we can offer a degree of responsibility and flexibility that’s hard to find in a role anyplace else.
You will become an integral member of our team, and you will gain experience you wouldn’t get at a big corporate agency. You’ll be encouraged to follow your passions. You’ll be supported when you want to try something new. You’ll get to do a lot more than paper shuffling and Powerpoint massaging.
You’ll be working directly with founders who are well-known in their industry, who are experienced innovators and who understand how important it is for you to grow and learn.
Most of all, you’ll help create the company you want to work for.